Monday, January 29, 2007

Toll interests snatch up Texas/Oklahoma newspapers

This situation involving the Trans-Texas Corridor is getting out of control. Reports ranging from World Net Daily to Sal Costello's investigative blog (salcostello.blogspot.com) to Alex Jones' radio show and website (prisonplanet.com) are reporting on this issue. I discovered one of the newspapers that is being bought by the Australian conglomerate is my first paper, the Waxahachie Daily Light, which is in Waxahachie, Texas just south of Dallas.

So ... I called my old editor, Neal White, down at the WDL and he told me that while he wasn't familiar with all the details, he wasn't being told to change the Daily Light's stance on the TTC, which is largely critical of the plan. Well, that's good but things could change quickly.

My good buddy Joey Dauben, over at the Ellis County Observer, has a report on this as well. Keep the pressure on 'em, gang!

No comments: